• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

anyone help with google voice?[Fixed]

Shead77

Nov 6, 2009
First I know that this is a forum for Droid and not Google Voice, but I cant find help anywhere.

Second I now know why Verizon left this phone untouched...they wont help. But nor will Google.

I have a Droid and a Google Voice Account. I signed up with Google Voice and Got A GV #. All I am wanting to use GV for right now is the Voicemail. But I would like to use this with my Verizon number. I set up everything and now I get a busy signal when trying to access voicemail. Callers can leave a message but I cannot retrieve them. I cant do anything. It wont switch back to my Verizon VM either.

I guess I need to know how to set this up so it works with my Verizon #. Any help would be appreciated as Verizon tells me to call Google and Google tells me to call Verizon...

Any ideas?

HAHA ya sorry...I just went to Google Voice on my computer and clicked the Deactivate by my cell number. It told me to dial *73. I did. Then I clicked Activate it told me to dial *71xxxxxxxxxx. (the exes being my Google Voice number). I did and it works fine now....

The Problem was I was trying to set it all up from my phone and everytime it would want to activate my Google Voice for voicemail it would throw a popup window saying I needed to dial *71xxxxxxxxxx ( the exes being my actual phone number from my provider).

So the solution is to dial *71 with your GV # NOT your actual Cell # from your provider.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones