• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Anyone tried Ice Cream Sunday?

Could you please explain how to flash it exactly.... i mean what things have to be wiped and what all things have to be mounted etc...
Also what are the bugs in this rom and how to fix them...

This was my first rom flashing and I was pretty afraid I will buck it up. But it's pretty straight forward-ish.

You must have Android 2.3.x installed for this type of install.
Get root if you haven't yet (it's a simple zip on SD that you use from stock recovery). It's been explained very well on Chismays sticky.

Do the same with the Samsung Ace specific Clockworkmod 5 (read somewhere you should only use 5+ for this rom)

Put the rom on SD (also check to have enough free space on the SD for the backup 300MB or more)

do a backup from cwm5 and then do a factory reset, cache wipe and a dalvick cache wipe

after that you select install update from sd and you're pretty much there.

[rom]Icecream Sunday2(Extreme speed) - xda-developers detail you can find in the xda link

Upvote 0
well my experience with the ICSunday was a bad one. Now I'm about to go back to stock 2.3.3. G Maps didn't work, lagging and force closing everytime, G Search also.
Now almost all my apps are force closing ( this being my fault for using "fix permisions" in cwm5).

I love the animations and the music app (even though it has some visual glitch in some windows) and the lockscreen too.

In my experience my phone started to lag bad after 2 days in which i started installing my apps back.

Not saying the rom is bad, but it is not for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones