• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Anyway to remove locked bookmarks?

I am by no means an expert, but I have not found a way yet.
I grabbed the bookmarks file and edited it in SQLite to remove the locked bookmarks but once I launched the browser and bookmarked anything it would FC. I eventually figured out that I had to leave the first bookmark there to prevent the FC. But then, I noticed the 2nd, 3rd and 4th things that I had bookmarked showed up as locked as well. My ultimate solution was to pick 4 bookmarks I use all the time and edit the bookmarks file to make those the 4 locked ones.

It does not solve the problem and I have no idea why google/verizon/moto would do something like locking bookmarks, but to me this is an acceptable solution.

Upvote 0
I am by no means an expert, but I have not found a way yet.
I grabbed the bookmarks file and edited it in SQLite to remove the locked bookmarks but once I launched the browser and bookmarked anything it would FC. I eventually figured out that I had to leave the first bookmark there to prevent the FC. But then, I noticed the 2nd, 3rd and 4th things that I had bookmarked showed up as locked as well. My ultimate solution was to pick 4 bookmarks I use all the time and edit the bookmarks file to make those the 4 locked ones.

It does not solve the problem and I have no idea why google/verizon/moto would do something like locking bookmarks, but to me this is an acceptable solution.

I have SQlite as well. How are you gettting into the browser it always FC or just freezes when I enter the browser in SQlite.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones