• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My Motorola Android is Locked!!

Hentz

Lurker
Aug 20, 2022
My android phone is locked and I can't get into the phone. It's a motorola g pure. I am desperate and I have tried all I know to do. I think it was hacked. If anyone can help let me know on this blog. I would much appreciate it. I need to get into it preferably with my information saved.
I'm going bonkers! My carrier can't help me. Hope this is enough info. I'll check back in a few days. Today is 8-19-22.

Thank you!

My android phone is locked and I can't get into the phone. It's a motorola g pure. I am desperate and I have tried all I know to do. I think it was hacked. If anyone can help let me know on this blog. I would much appreciate it. I need to get into it preferably with my information saved.
I'm going bonkers! My carrier can't help me. Hope this is enough info. I'll check back in a few days. Today is 8-19-22.

Thank you!
how is it locked? by password? or pattern?

Upvote 0
it is a numeric pin. I left it on and locked the night before which i have done before. i got up the next day and went to check my phone, put in my PIN and it is the correct pin, and it said wrong pin. I tried several times and no luck. I just bought this phone and don't know what to do. no one i know seems to know what to do. i hope someone can help. im lost. Thanks a lot! I hope this helps. If you need more info ask me, i will check back very soon!

Upvote 0
unfortunately with number pins on a lockscreen or even with pattern locks, the only way to get into the phone is to do a hard reset. but this will do 2 things:
1. it will wipe your data and unfortunately there is no way around this. but at least you will have a working phone.
2. it will also trip FRP (factory reset protection). this is a security feature that google implemented to prevent thieves from stealing the phone and doing a reset so that they can enter their info and be able to use the phone. however, as long as you know your google information you used originally when you bought the phone, you should be fine.

i know no other way to bypass the lockscreen. this is a very common issue on some phones. and it is why i will never use a pin or pattern. i will always buy a phone that has a fingerprint reader. its been 4 or 5 years since i have owned a phone that has a fingerprint reader.....and it has never failed me.

Upvote 0
Fingerprint readers always saved me in the past, ergo looking at the numberical pad always does the work as well, keep that in mind, as ocnbrz estated do a FDR, power off, and volume down, and see the little green android, head to recovery mode, as soon as you selected it with the power button there, will be an android with a triangle on it, press power down and you will see a menu,this might take a few tries, but it is worth it, scroll down to see wipe out all data, log in with your google account, and use it to synch your contacts, photos et all, but all that can wait for a minute :)

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Hey I just got both your messages. I found out that it is a password not a PIN that is the pass code to get in, but I didn't change it!! I don't know how it changed itself. Unless someone did it somehow. Will this method still work?? I just found this out. Sorry for the short notice. I may go ahead and try it anyway. I think I understand. Press the power off , and volume down buttons. Several times if needed.When I see a green android... I'll try! If the password instead of a PIN makes a difference let me know. Thanks again. I'll let you know what happens. Thanks again y'all!!

Upvote 0
ocnbrze, what did you mean about as long as I know my google information I used originally when I bought the phone, that I will be fine. Does that mean I will be able to keep my information---pics, emails, etc.that is on my phone?? Again, I would like to be able get to my pics, email, texts, etc., if it is possible. Thanks again!

Upvote 0
Thanks y'all for the help. I got into my phone. I did exactly what you said Milo. And thanks Ocnbrze! You both supported and helped me. The instructions worked. Thanks a bunch. If I have any other questions, I'll be writing here again. I was able to find and keep my emails and pics and texts and all. I found more answers here with you both than with any other company or my service. Thanks again y'all!! Later.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones