• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root AOKP Build Environment Set-Up

Does anyone know how to add a device so I can start to build a AOKP rom. I have all the repos and all downloaded but I need to know the steps to add our device to the list so I can start a build here.

first it depends if your wanting to compile kitkat or lollipop aokp. if you want lollipop, use bad_mofo_33's device, vendor and kernel sources. if you want kitkat, use mine for cm11.

you will have to find a similar device and study the changes from our cyanogenmod device, vendor and kernel trees to their aokp device vendor and kernel trees. it shouldnt be much to change since aokp is largely a kang of cm. see what they did and do the same to our trees until it compiles.

take your time and dont give up, thats the key. if things get confusing, push through it and google search the crap out of the issue until you finally fix it. being a dev is hard work, and the only way to learn is to have the drive to learn.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones