• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help App Drawer Question

Romparoo

Android Enthusiast
Feb 13, 2010
Arizona
I wanted to know, especially those who came from the Dinc1 or similar HTC phone, what you thought about the scrolling speed/functionality on the Dinc2.

I noticed, when I played with the display model at Verizon, that it absolutely stinks! I'm not sure if there is a setting option to it or not. I found that I can not scroll quickly with just a fling of the finger, but instead I have to scroll with my finger multiple times to run through all the apps.

I did notice a side bar on the app drawer. I am not sure if that expands with more apps, which then might allow you to fling your finger quickly through the apps.

On my Dinc1 I have 200 apps in my app drawer. With one fast flick of my thumb I can go from the top of the apps to the end of the apps. However, with the Dinc2's I have played with I can not do this, but instead only 1 or 2 lines at a time.

The reason I bring this up is because I find this as a huge annoyance. If this is true and can't be fixed within settings then I will wait for the Dinc3 or some other HTC phone before I upgrade.

Thanks.

Hey,
I also came from a Dinc1. The Dinc2 app drawer is in-fact different. It is 'paged', and not one long list. you scroll down 4 lines, or a 'page', at a time. I personally like it much more as it's easier to find apps this way.
However, it is only the app drawer that is like this. Contacts, the market, etc still scroll normally.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones