• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App Factory App-Command to Kill Itself?

digit27

Sep 23, 2012
If I turn a simple task (no profile) into an app using App Factory is there a command that I can add to said task to cause the app to kill itself? I would rather not have it running in the background while not needed...I was thinking about installing the app then adding the 'kill app' command to it and selecting itself (it will be in the list since i already installed it) then re-installing the edited version. Not sure if this will work though and it seems like a very in-elegant route to take.

EDIT: The above method work although while the process stayed closed the services where restarted, even when 'use root' was checked... Is there anyway to way to kill everything?

I going to experiment using scenes, what I want is to avoid having processes or services constantly running when not needed and wasting ram...although I doubt it uses much batter life anyway? Maybe combining some of my apps when possible will help also... When I stop the services manually through Android they don't restart, but they do when stopped with a Tasker command, even with 'use root' check. Although the Tasker user guide claims they won't restart when check, they do...? It just bothers me that my apps are always running in the background, while the ones I replaced wouldn't be =/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones