• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[app help] trying to uninstall GO SMS PRO

is there anyone one here that knows how to delete a go sms pro account??? ive uninstalled the app, my account is still there and its bugging me. is there any way to delete the account all together?? and i uninstalled the app and reset my phone to factory settings but my SMS PRO account is still active.i cant unbind it from my phone. :( can anyone help? please?

Are you even sure that its Go SMS giving you the spam on the notification bar? I got the latest updates for Go SMS. Even Addon Detector says Go SMS is clean.

Exactly, I've been using go products for 2 years, not 1 push ad has came from them. I'd love to know what makes people think they get them from go products. Get an ad/spam detector :)

Sent From My HTC Evo 3D Using TapaTalk 2

Upvote 0
Yeah, if you are seeing ads jn the notification area that means a currently installed app is serving them. If it were texts or emails it could be some outfit you gave your details to, but this sounds like push advertising.

Use Addons Detector, Airpush Detector or Lookout Ad Network Detector to identify the culprit and uninstall that.

I should add that I'm referring to Curly's problem here - don't know whether the OP is seeing the same thing.

Upvote 0
I got push spam from someone who put up a skin for GO. I had no spam until I tried out the skin (think it had a setup I liked). Deleted the skin, no more spam. If you are using skins, check them.

Also got rid of GO as I didn't quite care for some of the "cutesy" "cool" things they were adding.

And this is why we read comments from play store before installing.

Also to note: "broinicthemes" dev who creates themes for Go is the only dev that uses push ads for their themes. All other devs don't.

Sent From My HTC Evo 3D Using TapaTalk 2

Upvote 0
Im going to try the suggestions. I thought I was subscribed to this, and just came to check out the post. It is go pro because after downloading the app, within a minute of the sign up process I started getting adds in my notification bar as well as texts from the 502 number. My mistake was adding my phone number and email. It appeared to be a requirement at initial setup. Took me forever to remove my email and number from the account, but still cant figure out how to delete go pro sms account. Ill be back to report.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones