• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App-triggered Settings?

SaxmanKK

Lurker
Jan 14, 2010
I'm just wondering, does anybody know of a way to have different settings enabled based upon which app is being used?

For example: I use Pandora Radio in my car, and the phone is always plugged into a mobile charger when I'm in the car, so it would be great if I could disable the screen timeout lock while the Pandora app is open so I don't have to unlock it every time I want to skip or rate a song, or just see the song information. (the iPhone does this automatically when using the iPod app while plugged in)

Another example: I'm used to using a Nokia N95, so I've gotten very attached to T9 for my text messaging. However, it makes much more sense to use the QWERTY keyboard for emails, web browsing, etc...I'd love to have different keyboard setting for each app.

Am I asking for too much, or is there a way to do anything like this?

Certainly an interesting concept, and sounds like something one of the Dev's could incorporate into their ROM's. Try posting about it on XDA: Hero CDMA - xda-developers

They MIGHT have a little more info on it. It's also possible that the android version of Pandora just didn't incorporate that feature, yet. Perhaps emailing the Dev of Pandora would yield some answers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones