• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Apps can't read SD card?

mbob63

Jan 31, 2011
I transferred some music files (wma) to a micro SD card like I do with my HTC Incredible. My transformer can read the card but cannot play the music. If I look at my music players, they do not show the music on the SD card. On my phone, this system works great. Is this a Honeycomb problem or operator error? Suggestions?

I think you are right. I can find the music files with the file manager but the stock music player nor Winamp show the music that is on the SD card. On my Android phone, both apps recognize the music files on the SD card and can play them. Is this a Honeycomb flaw to look at the storage as separate? Can I do anything to fix or bypass this problem?

Upvote 0
its Simple..! im using custom ROM and had the same issue that inbuilt apps doesnt reads the sd card media contents.. But can be accessed from file managers. Since from kitkat update android system reads the media from predefined sd card folders. Use PC to move all your music/songs to the folder \SD card\Android\data\com.google.android.music\files and your photos to \SD card\Android\data\com.android.gallery3d in your sd card.. then you can see those files from your built in apps.. Thank you..!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones