• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Apps in Internal Memory

crboone

Android Enthusiast
Aug 16, 2010
USA
Ok, I have a couple of newbie / stupid questions regarding internal memory and the Android folders.

I have over 125 apps on my phone, but I have hardly put a dent in my internal memory space. So my questions are:

1) Why is it helpful to move apps to SD if they take up such little space?
2) If I want to put *data* in internal memory (possible?), or in an Android local folder *not* on the SD card, where is the best place to put it?

Thanks in advance -- and try not to lol. :)

~

much of your data is stored internally already. also the whole reason apps2SD came about was phones like the D1 had very limited internal memory. that is not an issue with the DX. also most apps that have widgets should remain in internal or the widgets will disappear on reboots.

So if I wanted to put pics in a local folder for Desktop Visualizer, should I put them somewhere in the /data/[custom] folder? I just want to be sure I don't tread in the wrong place.

EDIT: Nvm -- I was able to move the pics to local but Desktop Visualizer can't pick them up from there anyway.

~

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones