• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Apps not compatible with LG esteem

My phone is rooted and using Gingersteem, love it, but now my phone has "lost" some apps, and when I go to reload them, it says they are not compatible with my device. One of them is Vonage Extensions, and the other is Lookout mobile security.
Is there anything I can do? I do not want to un root my phone.
BTW, I am not very good at all of this. LOL

Okay, if you can download or have ROM toolbox in the app drawer then go to it. Swype your finger to the right once. Go to build.prop tweaks and Change the LCD density to 240. That will fix your issue with the market. :3. And if it doesn't then go to applications> manage applications> select the tab that says "All" and find Google play. Select Google play and clear cache and data.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your help, unfortunately it didn't work. Also when I rooted my phone I paid for Rom manager Pro, it now says I don't have it, and my device isnt compatible. (Again). Almost everything I try to download "isn't" compatible. I do not want to go back to the bloated Metro PCS software, but I am not sure what I need to do now. I also have noticed that there is now a ZVD version. I am on ZVC , do I have to go back to Factory setting on that, and re-root. As you can clearly see I am totally confused and a scaredy cat

Upvote 0
If you upgrade then you don't have to unroot. Updating will take away root and cwm, but I recommend it. The battery life is better imo. They have roms for zvd to and themes

+1 and also upgrading should solve you're market issues.. Just back up all important pictures, contacts, etc, to your PC just in case something backfires..

And yes you will have to re root, etc. it will be like it was when you first took it out of the box, but with zvd on it..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones