• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Apps on sd card not showing up

Shmooey

Dec 28, 2012
Myrtle Creek, Oregon
all my apps that are on my sd card arnt showing up in my app drawer and all the shortcuts dont work. they just have the basic green android image and when i click on them it says "the linked program is no longer installed on your phone." also i cant move them back to my phone, when i try to it says "failed to move application. the application does not exist"

Reactions: ms454930
ya it was mounted and im rooted.. its fixed now i just took out my battery for about 15 minutes and it was fine.. its done this before a few times so any idea why that happens?

It's happened to me before. What you did usually fixes it. I don't know why but I know it happened on some ROMs and not others. What ROM are you running?

Upvote 0
If you are running a2sd with a class ten card your problem could be with that setup. Higher class cards on our aging phones for some reason don't mount properly all the time. This of course is just speculation, but class 10 cards seem to have problems in this forums history. I run a class 4 32 gb card and never have had a problem with it, in fact I have had great success with it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones