• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Apps uninstalling themselves

Baz8755

Jul 13, 2010
South Coast UK
I have an intermittent problem where random apps that are installed on SD will show as not installed but still be visible in the app manager. To get around the problem I have to remove the app and reinstall from the market.

Anyone else seen this or know what causes it or know how to reinstall the app without having to redownload.

HTC Desire 2.2 non-rooted

got an example of some of the apps which do it?

Tonight it was Angry Birds Seasons and Shopper (this has done it before) but in the past I have had other Apps.

Angry birds was particularly annoying as I have now lost my position.

The only other thing that may be relevant today is that I have been using EStrongs file explorer to copy a few new ringtones onto the SD card (this is probably a red herring but I thought I'd mention it for completeness).

Upvote 0
does it happen after doing something specific? Like connecting to a pc via usb or turning the phone on, etc?

I quite often seem to notice it the first time I reboot the phone following the updating of an app using the marketplace.

Eg.
Update app1 using marketplace
Some time later reboot phone
App2 will loose icon and be uninstalled

I know that apps on SD card take some time to show icons after phone power up but this problem persists after that period.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones