1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root Apps2sd format sd card help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by liftedfevers, Feb 12, 2011.

1. liftedfevers

liftedfevers Lurker

Advertisement

2. tempaznx

tempaznx Newbie

I get the same thing too. I format it "correctly", pop it in the phone, and the phone tells me, "Blank card, format now?" -___-

3. virusbetax

virusbetax Well-Known Member

you should partition it with the recovery. it has the thing built into it. or you could flash galaxy rom then go into recovery and partition that way.

4. mmandros

mmandros Member

I used the latest Eugene recovery/kernal and it worked great. Now I need to use a ROM that supports AP2SD seems the one I'm using doesn't support it, unless it is me that is :).

5. btbotimtim

btbotimtim Lurker

i am a newbie and i just finished flashing to BH_MAN_16_NoTwiz.
    it says that it has a2sd. however, when i downloaded kakao talk and advanced task killer, those were downloaded on my phone memory.
    do i need to change settings?
    if so, how should i change it?
    please explain it in detail because i don't know anything about android.
    (i don't even know how to do adb things.)
    thanks in advance.

6. I use that same rom, never managed to do apps2sd. partitioned the card and also did the root procedure from scratch as well, but apps2sd didnt happen...

7. mmandros

mmandros Member

Well I installed this ROM from the Eugene recovery, very nice and so is the ROM
    http://androidforums.com/behold-2-a...old-ii-1-6-rsf-touchwiz-lite.html#post2100117 The only issue I have found is that root doesn't stay with you. For some reason I have to reboot periodically to regain root.

APP2SD works. (from my earlier post, I used Eugene's recover/kernel to partition my SD card).

As an aside: From Eugene's twitter looks like his laptop "bought the farm" so he is down again. But his efforts here continue to make a tremendous impact.

8. haha. after 3months with no APP2SD i made it work. ext2 was not primary.
    now I want a bigger card, didnt realise all my apps would move there auto, but thats another story.

as for 2.2 its very very hard with one PT developer. Galaxy have 5-6 FT developers and still many bugs. I think a class action back in 2010 would have given us & i7500 both 2.1 from Samsung. Look what HTC does for 2009 phones.