• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Are 95% of apps just dumb

You'll be doing yourself a big favour if you go through the Favourite App thread over in the Applications section of this forum. Also check out app reviews on the web and in Phandroid.

It saves having to trawl through the Market.

:cool: yes. On a side note, I find it slightly off putting that there are so many app stores! Market, App Brain, blackmart, App Want.... any more?

Upvote 0
:cool: yes. On a side note, I find it slightly off putting that there are so many app stores! Market, App Brain, blackmart, App Want.... any more?

I dont think appbrain is a really separate store. It just seems to use a different algorithm for web search and download, but is actually connected to the market database. Sort of like an app to access the Android market if your device is not market enabled.

Upvote 0
Only one problem, How do i know what i want till i see it. I know that's kinda dumb but i don't know what's out there that i might like. Some i do but that's only about 6

You can search the Android market by category...

111825114558appsandroid.png

111825114636appsandroid.png

Reactions: Pepee63
Upvote 0
Only one problem, How do i know what i want till i see it. I know that's kinda dumb but i don't know what's out there that i might like. Some i do but that's only about 6

bingo....
nail on the head...

you are right.. you dont know what you need.. because you dont have a need for it yet..

wait till you get the phone..
wait till you get a need..
then you will know what you want to see in the app for that need..
search for it..
look at the stars...
read the reviews...
the try them out.

till then.. dont sweat the small stuff..

Reactions: Pepee63
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones