• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Are all apps developed and available on Android Market verified to run smoothly on the Galaxy Nexus

ccgcool

May 12, 2011
Since the Galaxy Nexus is the latest and actual Android phone, does that mean that each and every application on the Android Market can be run on the Galaxy Nexus smoothly ? Because Galaxy Nexus has an older and less powerful PowerVR SGX540 GPU where as some latest phones like Sony Xperia S have high end Adreno 220 gpu that are much more powerful. So is it possible that there is a High Graphics game that doesn't run properly(or choppily) on the Galaxy Nexus and runs properly on say the Xperia S.

The Main reason that I am planning to buy a Galaxy Nexus is I want to have the latest Android version asap without begging for OEM's and I want to be able to play and run each and every single game and application on the Market smoothly.

So that raises the question that are all apps developed and available on Android Market coded and supposed to run smoothly on the Galaxy Nexus ?

Most apps have already pushed updates so they may be compatible to ICS. But there are like thousands of apps in the Android Market, its almost impossible for to verify that each and every single one of them will work on the Galaxy Nexus, especially considering that many of them are abandonware already.

You want to play each and every single game on the market? You plan on installing like 50,000 games on your phone?

Upvote 0
OP, there will never be a day when someone can tell you for sure every app will run properly on ICS. Its on the developers to update their product individually. Some don't care if nexus owners can use their app, some are done supporting them completely. If you want some assurance before downloading you'll have to check with each app individually.

Upvote 0
Thanks Guys. But I think I didn't explain My question clearly. I am not talking about apps updates for ICS. I mean say an application GTA 4 is developed for Ice cream sandwich and its a very processor and graphics intensive game. And obviously Galaxy Nexus doesnt have the most powerful CPU and GPU. So is ther a possibility that this game GTA 4 doesnt run smoothly on the Galaxy Nexus due to low specs but runs on some latest powerful device like Sony Xperia Ion as it has more advanced CPU and GPU. I hope I explained it clearly. Sorry for mentioning any device but it was needed to clarify My question.

Upvote 0
I read somewhere that only .06% of all android devices are running ICS. More than 50% are still running gingerbread.
So one would think that alot of apps are not compatible with ICS yet. I am personally glad that ICS has not been pushed to my razr yet. Ill wait until the bugs are worked out and has more app support.

*edit* The hardware in the newer devices i.e.- Nexus, Razr, gsII, among others will be up to par for quite sometime. Of course they will start to release devices with better specs, but that does not mean our devices won't be able to run new apps and such.

Reactions: ccgcool
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones