• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Are chronological notifications possible?

Kizzume

Lurker
Dec 4, 2009
Ugh, I want to scream at my Android phone (Moto Z Force). Again, it happened where I have my phone set to vibrate, and as a result I can't tell which app sent a notification, so I go to look at my notifications, I can see things that happened over the past few days on different apps, and all it shows me on Facebook Messenger as a notification is that someone sent me a sticker yesterday, but in actuality, someone had just sent me an important job-related message that I only found out about after going to Facebook on my desktop computer.

Can someone explain the advantage to non-Chronological notifications on Android? Please? I may not agree with the logic, but if there's at least SOME sort of logic behind it, it would make me less frustrated.

Thanks.

Try setting up this Notifications Log widget and see if this might help:
https://www.howtogeek.com/242073/how-to-view-notifications-youve-dismissed-on-android/
It allows you to view your device's Notification messages going back at least a couple of days, depending on how much you use your phone (as new messages are added the older ones get deleted). Note it will show all of them, so things like apps that are started get listed, along with file downloads, etc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones