1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Are Droid 2 and Droid 2 Global same phone?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by elydoug, Feb 16, 2011.

1. elydoug

elydoug Lurker
    None

Feb 9, 2011
    East coast USA
    I haven't been able to find a Droid 2 Global section on this forum so I will assume that the D2 and D2G are treated as the same phone? Some of the other forums differentiate between the two. I have heard that the accessories are varied on whether or not they will cross-over between the two phones, but internally they are the same (except for the global connectivity on the latter)? Thanks

Advertisement

2. NiceGuysFinishLast

NiceGuysFinishLast Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 11, 2010
    FL
    Nope, not the same phone. Themes and ROMs for a D2 will brick a D2G. Cases are interchangeable.

3. Dakota - Tom

Dakota - Tom Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 17, 2010
    MN
    This forum lumps them together... or at least the members do... in this section. From a user's perspective, they are the same but different! :)

The D2G is slightly faster, but other than the SIM card, that's pretty much the only user-recognizable difference (caveat: I haven't compared them side-by-side). D2G has a white color option; D2 as the R2D2 package option.

All accessories are interchangeable AFAIK. I know for certain the D2 "media dock" (or whatever they call it) works just fine for the D2G, so I would assume the car dock does, too. The batteries and extended batteries and battery covers are interchangeable mechanically, if not necessarily color-matched. I've read that if you have the white D2G and want the extended battery, you should buy the one for the R2D2 as the extended cover is plain white for that.

I don't re-flash custom ROM's, so I have no idea about compatibility at that level; I defer to members such as NiceGuys.

4. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=
    None

Here are some spec comparisons 'tween those two devices and a few more on the same chart:

[​IMG]

NiceGuysFinishLast likes this.
  5. jersquare

jersquare Lurker
    None

Feb 15, 2011
    What is the difference between the Droid 2 and Droid 2 Global?:thinking:

6. Dakota - Tom

Dakota - Tom Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 17, 2010
    MN
  7. RJ McKenzie

RJ McKenzie Lurker
    None

A external physical difference between the Droid 2 Global and the Droid 2 is that the Droid 2 Global is slightly slimmer and the camera area slightly bulges out.