• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Are there ANY wired headsets that allow music control?

kingerp

Lurker
Jan 24, 2013
I'm trying to find a wired headset that allows me to control music hands-free but it seems that the E4GT is hard-coded to only allow single-button headsets to access the phone or voice command apps. I tried a fix I found on XDA, but it was written in November 2011 and it looks like it doesn't works for ICS.

Does anyone know of a headset that specifically works for the E4GT and gets past this limitation? Or am I SOL until another fix pops up or Samsung realizes that this really gimps functionality?

Thanks.

I've tried the "official" app for my headphones (I have a pair of Philips SHE7005A), "Headset Button Controller" by Christoph Kober, and Jays Headset Control (it's not compatible with the E4GT, but the XDA fix I mentioned used it and had a link to the apk).

None of them worked. No matter what I did and how many settings I tweak, a single click brings me to my call log, a double click calls my last called contact, and a long press brings up Voice Talk. This seems to be hard-coded into the E4GT, based on a thread from the Sprint forums that I read (I can't link to it, since I just registered here)

Some of the people on XDA recommend various bluetooth headsets, but I would rather have a wired one so I don't have to carry around yet another charger.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones