• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Are you planning on buying the Incredible HD/Vigor/Rezound?

lawnboy

Nov 10, 2010
Been waiting on the HTC Droid Incredible HD (Vigor) for months now. I am looking to replace my Incredible and initially considered the Thunderbolt, but now glad that I waited. Also thought about the Bionic, but personally I think HTC still does it better.

Interested in hearing how much demand there might be for the HTC Droid Incredible HD.

Are you planning on purchasing the HTC Droid Incredible HD?

I was close to buying the Bionic yesterday also. I have read several of the posts for the Bionic and now that VZ is only giving a 14 day return w/a $35 restocking fee, I can wait until 10/5 hopefully. I love my DI, but it is causing some problems now. The only thing about the Bionic is the accessories, they are awesome. It is hard to find standard/car docks for HTC phones.

Upvote 0
My replacement month is December. I currently have an Incredible and love the phone. The Vigor will be my next phone.

Same here... EXCEPT!

I finally looked up the 4G map for VZW and there are NONE in Virginia!! Seriously, WEST Virginia has one city with 4G, but not VA! I'll have to decide on Dec 29 if it is worth upgrading to a more expensive phone when I have no guarantees I'll be able to use the 4G during the 20 months that I have it.

Upvote 0
Same here... EXCEPT!

I finally looked up the 4G map for VZW and there are NONE in Virginia!! Seriously, WEST Virginia has one city with 4G, but not VA! I'll have to decide on Dec 29 if it is worth upgrading to a more expensive phone when I have no guarantees I'll be able to use the 4G during the 20 months that I have it.

As a Virginian, can you tell me why there's a Virginia and West Virginia, but no East Virginia? Does Virginia think it's too important to have an "east" before it, or does it think it's better than East Virginia? Why couldn't it go along with it, like Carolina did?

Upvote 0
Same here... EXCEPT!

You can turn off 4g and it will still be one if not the most powerful 3g phone.

Upvote 0
I am in VA and my area is covered; not sure what you mean there are NONE in VA.

Same here... EXCEPT!

Upvote 0
So, now in my typical cell phone whore OCD self, I'm checking this site constantly and I want more and more info. But I have a question to those who know better than I, is it really conceivable for this phone to come out in October with it being so close to October and no REAL details on the phone yet. I know some stuff has Ben leaked, but is it reliable...I guess I want permission to be pumped, haha. Thanks, all.

Upvote 0
YES, it is very plausible for it to be less than a month from launch there be no official word. I started following the Incredible in February and there was NOTHING until 2 weeks before the launch at the end of April, IIRC.

I am in VA and my area is covered; not sure what you mean there are NONE in VA.

THIS is what I mean. They show no dots within Va. I suspect you are tapping into the DC network
http://network4g.verizonwireless.com/pdf/VZW_4G_LTE_Coverage_Map.pdf

You can turn off 4g and it will still be one if not the most powerful 3g phone.
I haven't done any research on 4G phones because none have interested me until the Vigor. Thanks, although I still have to pay for the radio.

Upvote 0
I haven't done any research on 4G phones because none have interested me until the Vigor. Thanks, although I still have to pay for the radio.[/QUOTE]

You can always get it from somewhere like amazon or another 3rd party reseller and they usually will be 50-100 cheaper than verizon so it would be like paying the same price as a 3g phone. If you don't wanna pay for the extra speed that you can get when its in your area then stick with a 3g phone.

Upvote 0
Since my contract is up in 9/18 I can wait a few weeks and pick two of these up.
My wife is interested in the device as well to replace her Droid 2.

I have seen the screen on the Bionic and I am not enthused as well as it being locked.
At least the vigor has a fighting chance right now for something like CyanogenMod - which I run now on my bolt.

Upvote 0
My next phone will be 4G out of necessity but I will limp along on 3G with my DINC until something suitable comes along. I fiddled with the Bionic for about 20 minutes in the store and it didn't have sufficient wow factor to make me pull the trigger before the Vigor hits.

I love my DINC, but hate the 3G congestion where I work.

Upvote 0
Leaning HEAVILY towards the Vigor. I'm so ready to dump my Incredible, it's been a decent phone but mine is having issues and it's time to put it to sleep! I plan on pre-buying the Vigor or going to get it on the first day. I don't see anything else in the pipeline worth waiting for at the moment. The Bionic had me interested but the screen was pretty much the deal breaker. I don't think I made a bad decision passing.

Upvote 0
Leaning HEAVILY towards the Vigor. I'm so ready to dump my Incredible, it's been a decent phone but mine is having issues and it's time to put it to sleep! I plan on pre-buying the Vigor or going to get it on the first day. I don't see anything else in the pipeline worth waiting for at the moment. The Bionic had me interested but the screen was pretty much the deal breaker. I don't think I made a bad decision passing.

After playing around with the Bionic at my local store, the screen was one thing, but the clanging, wobbly volume rocker was the thing that did it for me. It was just cheap feeling and it would have driven me crazy.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones