• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Are you ready for some Football

He has not served the Cowboys well.. no argument. Fourteen completions with twenty nine attempts before he went out. Not like he was lighting it up anyway. I don't know what they are paying Dak but it might be time to move on while the team has good veteran players on the field. Dak going out again sure leaves the team hanging, and only one game into the season. I wish you luck in finding a quality and durable QB. I know you have to be sick. I know how I would feel if I lost my starting QB first game. OUCH!

Upvote 0
The best (possibly the only good) thing to come out of the covid fiasco was the proof that we can live without sports- which is something I have said for many years anyway

Enjoy it all you like, but in the end these people are paid megabucks to play elementary school recess games and to act entitled when they abuse others.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
The best (possibly the only good) thing to come out of the covid fiasco was the proof that we can live without sports- which is something I have said for many years anyway

Enjoy it all you like, but in the end these people are paid megabucks to play elementary school recess games and to act entitled when they abuse others.

Were you ever into sports , like High School Football or something ?

Upvote 0
Were you ever into sports , like High School Football or something ?

No, quite the opposite.
Those were the elite students, that could play games to bring the school system what was important- and that was not academics.

No matter what the jocks did, they always got away with it.
Bullying, destruction of personal property, destruction of school property, etc. was penalized with less than a slap on the wrist.
They could break any rules and get awsy with it.

If you said anything against that policy, you were the one in trouble.

Funny how the professional sports life is much the same.

Upvote 0
I go swimming on Saturday morning at Jinan Olympic Natatorium. Also sometimes do some basketball with our students in the evening. Also tried some Mongolian wrestling when I was in Xilinhot, Inner Mongolia.

When I was at school I played cricket and rugby. Neither of which I see much of around these parts.

Last edited:
Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I was one of those kids that tried real hard to be good at some sport. I bowled for a few years as an adult and was decent. I traded my bowling ball in for a pair of horseshoes. I pitched competitively for a decade or so. Again, I was decent but not great. I love sports but I'm a better spectator than competitor. I suspect that's why I have such admiration for the elite athlete.

Upvote 0

sorry no. i think that professional sports is surviving the pandemic is credit that we need sports to let off some steam and to take minds of things going on in the real world. the fact that stadiums are at capacity for games speaks volume.

give me football all day and every day. give me basketball all day every day. give me hockey all day everyday. and also give me baseball all day everyday 24/7.

those championships that my Lakers and Dodgers won during the pandemic was what i needed when everything else was shut down. i was sad though that there was no parade or celebration for them.

Upvote 0
sorry no. i think that professional sports is surviving the pandemic is credit that we need sports to let off some steam and to take minds of things going on in the real world. the fact that stadiums are at capacity for games speaks volume.

give me football all day and every day. give me basketball all day every day. give me hockey all day everyday. and also give me baseball all day everyday 24/7.

those championships that my Lakers and Dodgers won during the pandemic was what i needed when everything else was shut down. i was sad though that there was no parade or celebration for them.

I'm with you on that.

Upvote 0
What is the point?
Do you know these people?
When was the last time any of them called you to say hello?

Does it make any sense to spend so much and/or go crazy for someone you don't know to play a game of Stupid Ball?

"Hey, everyone!
The Browns are playing in the SuperBowl tonight!"

The Browns play in the SuperBowl everynight.
Sometimes multipke times a day, depending upon what I eat.

I see no entertainment in what has resulted in so much unwaranted favoritism throughout the educational system, and most everywhere else in life.

Who cares what any sports star thinks?
Most times they are simply paid to say whatever the sports stars fans are being brainwashed to believe?

The idea that sports was dead during the plandemic and yet we all somehow survived is testament to the fact that we dont need them. They need us.

But do go ahead and spend massive amount on tickets, beer, a less than good hot dog, and maybe some crap made shirt or ballcap.

Maybe one of these 'royalty' (that doesnt know you exist) will call you on some holiday.

Now some sports WOULD be worth watching.

Full contact NASCAR for instance.
All different vehicles, in their own classes.
This will make use of all that safety equipment that made the sport so long and boring as it is now.

Upvote 0
What is the point?
Do you know these people?
When was the last time any of them called you to say hello?

Does it make any sense to spend so much and/or go crazy for someone you don't know to play a game of Stupid Ball?

"Hey, everyone!
The Browns are playing in the SuperBowl tonight!"

The Browns play in the SuperBowl everynight.
Sometimes multipke times a day, depending upon what I eat.

I see no entertainment in what has resulted in so much unwaranted favoritism throughout the educational system, and most everywhere else in life.

Who cares what any sports star thinks?
Most times they are simply paid to say whatever the sports stars fans are being brainwashed to believe?

The idea that sports was dead during the plandemic and yet we all somehow survived is testament to the fact that we dont need them. They need us.

But do go ahead and spend massive amount on tickets, beer, a less than good hot dog, and maybe some crap made shirt or ballcap.

Maybe one of these 'royalty' (that doesnt know you exist) will call you on some holiday.

Now some sports WOULD be worth watching.

Full contact NASCAR for instance.
All different vehicles, in their own classes.
This will make use of all that safety equipment that made the sport so long and boring as it is now.
Then why come in here and be all negative about sports if it's not your thing, just kind of runis it for everyone else. If a subject isn't your thing just don't comment.

Edit : ruins

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Did it ruin it for you?

The question was "Are you ready for some football?".
I simply answered the question.

So from your post, it sounds like you think that everyone should agree with you, or keep silent.

Just because you feel that the universe should engage in some sort of spankfest for an entitled elite that cares only for your money and nothing of your existance does not mean that a different opinion can be expressed.

This is a major problem in this world, this way of thought.

Instead of trying to silence others, why not defend your position?

Upvote 0
Did it ruin it for you?
nope......no matter what kittykicker says......whoops i mean poppykickr:goofydroid:.....will ruin sports for me.

been a sports fan since my dad took me to my first Dodger game when i was 5. i got to see Fernando Valenzuela play as well as cheer for my favorite player Steve Sax. that was my first taste of professional sports.

i was never able to see football in person, other than going to highschool football games, but who really went to the games to watch it. i might try and go see a Charger game this season. also i want to checkout our new SoFi stadium.

Upvote 0
I've anticipated a new stadium for KC for a few years. Arrowhead was quite the stadium in its day but it's showing its age. It has seen some upgrades through the years and that was all good. To keep in pace and show some pride in the franchise, I think it's time to build a new stadium and have thought that for the past five years. The new stadiums are very sweet! I'm jealous.

Upvote 0
been a sports fan since my dad took me to my first Dodger game when i was 5. i got to see Fernando Valenzuela play as well as cheer for my favorite player Steve Sax. that was my first taste of professional sports.

i was never able to see football in person, other than going to highschool football games, but who really went to the games to watch it. i might try and go see a Charger game this season. also i want to checkout our new SoFi stadium.

A stadium experience is completely different than a TV experience. I've been lucky enough to attend a number of Royals and Chiefs games through the years. It is fun being in the crowd cheering. No commercials. :) I prefer the TV experience more however. Being able to drink cheap beers and access the bathroom without missing a play has its perks. I enjoy the TV experience for backing up and watching plays again at my desire. With all of that said, I highly recommend taking in some games in person. In person you feel more like you are part of the game. You see things that you do not see on TV. You will come home hoarse from cheering. Nobody sits at a Chiefs game so you might plan on standing most of a game. You will need to hit the showers after the game you've worked so hard for that victory. :) And it is always fun to say I saw this guy or that guy play. My list isn't huge but I'm glad I got to see them play. Besides... SoFi is sweet looking. I would love to see it as well as Allegiant and AT&T.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones