• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I'm having 2 issues with Astro, they seem to have started after Froyo.

1) When I back something up it still shows as not backed up (the color does not change) in the list but it does indeed backup.

2) I now have a few apps that did not get replaced or overridden but simply duplicated. The updated version is there as is the 'old' version (in the 'backed up' list).

Anyone else notice this or have the same issues? It's not a big deal as stuff is backing up, it's just weird.

No, I haven't noticed this, but I haven't looked, either.
For a clean app backup folder I suggest renaming the backup/apps folder, making a new apps folder, and then doing another backup. This should leave you with a "clean" new folder with the latest backups. Check it all out, and then delete the old renamed apps folder.

Reactions: Clementine_3
Upvote 0
Thanks.
What I discovered when I backed everything up again to a clean/empty file is that the apps that I moved to SD card do not back up in Astro. Maybe this is obvious but I didn't know that would happen. Anyway, my duplicates are gone and everything seems good (if, indeed, the moved to SD are not backup-able).

Reactions: Psychokitty
Upvote 0
Good to know, Clementine_3. I use Titanium Backup because it can re-install all your saved apps at once.

bleedGreen, I don't know of a guide, but I will say that you should take care in removing files from your SD card! Please heed my warning on that, as Astro by default doesn't show hidden system files, I don't believe. This means you can look in a folder, see nothing when there's actually a system file in it, delete it, and be screwed later.
You MUST be sure of what you are deleting!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones