• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

AT&T FROYO is OUT!!!

oh thanks! That eases my mind. I didn't realize the os releases had to be customized for each phone. I don't really know what changes it will bring, if it comes to the phone, but I hate being last to the party; y'know? Especially if any of the quirks I've been experiencing would be fixed by it,or if it would open any new perks for me.

i can guarantee you will not have tethering or hotspot w/ the Aria. :(

there's no way an ATT carrier phone would allow that, unless you pay :)

Upvote 0
Hey everyone, I'm sorry to be so clueless but here's my situation:

I just recently bought an AT&T Nexus One (so it has 3G) and it's currently running vanilla Android Eclair (2.1) with NO MODS, ROMS, HACKS, CRACKS, or BUILDS or whatever else the heck there is. In other words, it's Android "virgin" xD

Anyway, I was wondering, since, I'm on build number: EPE54B, what should I do to update to this version, or if it's possible for me to update.

I did the checkin code posted above (*#*#2432546#*#*) and got the following status update in my notification bar:

"checkin:success and then when I slide the notification tray down, checkin result, success"

so... is this update not compatible with my version of the N1, or do I need to do this "manual update". Also, is this manual update a version of the official Froyo update pushed by Google, and will it void my warranty?

Thank you so so much!

Upvote 0
Hey everyone, I'm sorry to be so clueless but here's my situation:

I just recently bought an AT&T Nexus One (so it has 3G) and it's currently running vanilla Android Eclair (2.1) with NO MODS, ROMS, HACKS, CRACKS, or BUILDS or whatever else the heck there is. In other words, it's Android "virgin" xD

Anyway, I was wondering, since, I'm on build number: EPE54B, what should I do to update to this version, or if it's possible for me to update.

I did the checkin code posted above (*#*#2432546#*#*) and got the following status update in my notification bar:

"checkin:success and then when I slide the notification tray down, checkin result, success"

so... is this update not compatible with my version of the N1, or do I need to do this "manual update". Also, is this manual update a version of the official Froyo update pushed by Google, and will it void my warranty?

Thank you so so much!

See here.....
AT&T and T-Mobile Nexii receive another OTA update (FRF85B) – Android and Me

Reactions: qcom
Upvote 0
Just hang in there QCom. They seem to be just slowly rolling this out to everyone. I kept running the checkin command with no result, then just a couple of hours ago i turned on my phone to order a pizza and there was a screen message indicating my update was ready to install.

I also have an AT&T model N1, and I just got mine about a week ago. The 2.2 update is worth the wait. For one, the WiFi hotspot feature works like a charm! Though I am wondering.... does anyone know how many concurrent connections it will allow?

Regards!

Reactions: qcom
Upvote 0
im jealous too!!! If it doesnt tell me i have an update by tommorow im gunna manual install

Yeah,,,the thing is is I can't even do the manual update...im in the process of moving and I just packed my usb cable for my phone and already brought that box to my new house.....UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! go figure, then I come on this forum and see this posting lol...just my luck.

Upvote 0
Does it void your warranty (well, I guess I should ask what kind of N1 you have) and also, does it delete any of your data when you do the manual install?

Nope it doesn't void your warranty as you're not rooting.

:( I am soooo jealous.....im still stuck on 2.1 update1 with Rogers :(

I'm with Rogers too! I did the manual update :D when I saw that it's available and I don't need to root!!!

hmm...now what do I do...transfer apps to SD...I can't think right now -_-; OH...I can test bluetooth dialing! damn...all of my friends are asleep now -_-; ...what else can I do with Froyo on my phone? lol

Upvote 0
Yeah,,,the thing is is I can't even do the manual update...im in the process of moving and I just packed my usb cable for my phone and already brought that box to my new house.....UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! go figure, then I come on this forum and see this posting lol...just my luck.
haha same usb cable is not with me right now i will get it back tomorrow morning! so i am constantly doing the number thing in the dialer! I want FROYO so bad!!!!! i hope i get the update very soon!

Upvote 0
haha same usb cable is not with me right now i will get it back tomorrow morning! so i am constantly doing the number thing in the dialer! I want FROYO so bad!!!!! i hope i get the update very soon!

Since I seen this thread, I restarted my phone twice and did the checkin thing maybe 5 or 6 times lol....im such a nerd, but I want froyo bad too man. I wont even be able to get my usb cable tomorrow, as I will be extremely busy moving everything else. The earliest for me would be wednesday :(

unless I get the ota from google...........yeah right *rolls eyes* lol

Upvote 0
Since I seen this thread, I restarted my phone twice and did the checkin thing maybe 5 or 6 times lol....im such a nerd, but I want froyo bad too man. I wont even be able to get my usb cable tomorrow, as I will be extremely busy moving everything else. The earliest for me would be wednesday :(

i know i doubt im gunna the ota from google! but i will try restarting my phone.

Upvote 0

I didn't have my usb cable either, lol...I used Dropbox...downloaded the file onto my computer, changed the name to update(.zip) and then threw it into my dropbox, synch it with my phone, and put the update(.zip) into the phone's root directory file.

I'm thinking downloading it straight to your phone works too...change the name using Astro in the download folder and move it to root...though I don't know why people don't use this method...

Upvote 0
I didn't have my usb cable either, lol...I used Dropbox...downloaded the file onto my computer, changed the name to update(.zip) and then threw it into my dropbox, synch it with my phone, and put the update(.zip) into the phone's root directory file.

I'm thinking downloading it straight to your phone works too...change the name using Astro in the download folder and move it to root...though I don't know why people don't use this method...

Heck, I did the manual update straight from my phone. Simple instructions below..

AT&T and T-Mobile Nexii receive another OTA update (FRF85B) – Android and Me

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones