1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [AT&T] Help! I'm stuck in flight mode!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by xelanor, Jan 4, 2013.

1. xelanor

xelanor Lurker
    None

Jan 4, 2013
    Hey so last night I turned on my flashlight as I was going to bed, and my android froze, the only option I had to shut it down was to pull the battery out, so when I turned it back on, it would not go out of flight mode, I have tried to the factory recovery and it did not help.. and the worst part, it already says that flight mode is deactivated.. and if I press the button it just grays out.
    [​IMG]
    EDIT: alright so I tried to factory reset it again and now it looks like this:
    [​IMG]
    When I try to activate data it tells me that there is no sim which there obviously is.. Can this be water damage? Some water hit the screen yesterday, it was not a lot and only for 2 seconds. It worked fine for 6 hours.

So I got my new sim Card today and still the same problem except now it just doesn't have any service.. and I have activated my sim card, if I press the flight mode again it just gets stuck in it once again..

Advertisement

2. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User
    None

May 25, 2010
    UK Technical Lead; Desktop Support
    Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
    Did the water get to the screen edges or buttons?

Best bet is remove battery and submerge phone in a bag of uncooked rice if you think its water damage however its best to do this immediately

3. xelanor

xelanor Lurker
    None

Jan 4, 2013
    Yeah but it wasnt much, posted on another forum about this issue a week ago and got no answer so rice might be too late? :(

4. xelanor

xelanor Lurker
    None

Jan 4, 2013
    So i let it be in rice for 12 hours and still nothing.. and it won't even connect to kies via. USB or wifi :'(