• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

AT&T Pricing... Will they match Verizon?

varaonaid

Android Enthusiast
Sep 4, 2009
VT!
Hello,

I'm currently looking for a new cell provider. It will need to be one of the big two (AT&T or Verizon) as reliability is absolutely a top requirement due to personal issues. It's needed for safety reasons.

I keep feeling drawn to AT&T I guess instinctively/gut feeling with their technology and native ability to do both SVDO/SVLTE and now they can handoff VoLTE to 3G where Verizon can't. These are important technology distinctions for reliability.

However, AT&T is more expensive in the middle of the road 6gb-10gb data allowance. VZW has had recent promotions which have turned into permanent price drops now but from what I can tell, AT&T hasn't had a pricing change since the holiday season the end of last year. So, do you expect to see some sort of price adjustment to get closer to Verizon's pricing? In the past it seemed AT&T remained close or would slightly beat Verizon on price. Will they continue that? I can't get my head around Verizon being the better deal! Alternatively, are there any promotions through AT&T that may help reduce the pricing?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. Thanks so much!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones