• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [AT&T/Rogers] Moto X root (Verizon, At&t, Sprint, US Cellular, Rodgers)

I haven't heard of rooting.. I thought I was pretty rooted person..but my new phone..
Would someone tell me what this is
And will it make using my phone easier or ???
For now I feel uprooted !!
Thanks for a reply ,that would be nice.
Lisajane

Root is essentially having administrator control on your device. Out of the box, this is removed and rooting gets this back. For the typical user, this is not necessary nor required to operate your device for typical day to day activities. In the hands of the right person, it allows you to do things you can't normally do, but in the hands of a wrong or inexperienced person could break your phone.

Upvote 0
So I basically use my phone for txtng ,talking,email ,looking things up and social media. And of course my camera.

I'm an artist ,so I find myself searching a lot. I don't need to root do I ?

Thanx for a reply, lisajane

No, root wouldn't enhance or hinder your experience with your phone. About the only thing it could possibly help you with is allowing you to delete the "bloat" apps that come installed on the phone that you can't normally delete. However doing this might prevent you from installing updates correctly and rooting generally voids you warranty because it as viewed as modifying the software.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones