• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [AT&T] Root - Custom Recovery - UNBrick - UnRoot and Return to Stock

james27007

Look into my Eye
Mar 6, 2010
Riverside, CA
To start, THIS IS NOT MY WORK, just found it and wanted to post it; so if you kill your phone, it is your fault!

Anyways, A great site for rooting, roms and such with videos can be found here: GalaxyNote2Root.com - Your source for Galaxy Note 2 rooting, custom ROMs, and more!

========================================================

Root & Install Custom Recovery

To root your phone and install a custom recovery, use the CF-Auto-Root Tool here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1980683

Post in the AT&T Note Section for proof here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1980644

How to Un-Brick your phone

How to unbrick your Note 2 (this works on all models not just the AT&T)
I have verified the info on this link works great on multiple versions, just follow the video carefully and you will be back up and running. Note that the following requires that you can enter downlaod mode; if you cannot get into downlaod mode, I can't help you.

How to Unroot/Unbrick Galaxy Note 2 with Stock Firmware! | Galaxy Note 2 Root!

Unroot, return to stock and remove the flash counter

To Unroot your phone
(Original steps below found here

1. Reboot to TWRP recovery to complete a factory reset
  2. Used CF's method to re-root and reinstall the stock recovery (e.g., method listed in 2nd Post of this thread).
  3. Purchased & installed Triangle-Away from market
  4. Used Triangle-Away to reset the counter
  5. After reboot (from step 4) uninstalled Triangle Away
  6. Via SuperSU, used the Full Unroot option to unroot. Checked GN2 Device Status and it said Modified
  7. Booted into stock recovery performed a factory reset.
  8. After device rebooted, checked Device Status again and it said Normal

Hi all. I had just flashed my phone to Jedi X. I love the rom, but it cannot find the SD card. I have been doing some reading, and to my understanding, the Persius Kernel would fix that problem if flashed onto the phone. My concern is, will it screw up my Jedi X install? Where do I put the persius file if my phone or computer will not see my SD card? Can I put it on the main phone memory? How exactly am I supposed to do this whole setup? I have a Galaxt Note 2 with the at&t carrier. I downloaded the "Perseus-aplha 36.3-i317" tar and zip. My model phone is sgh-i317, so I assume I have the right file.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones