• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help AT & T Samsung Captivate i897 - 1101 - Injecting USB Debug?

loneblackbear

Lurker
Apr 11, 2015
Hello, I've got a i897 that I'm to trying to get going, Ill just list what hardware I have and then what software I've got, and finally I'll post logs of my attempts and maybe someone can help me?

AT & T Samsung Captivate i897 - revision 1101
Samsung branded data cable
WinPC with USB 2.0

Odin 3v1.85
Odin 3.07
Android Control
CornKernel_UCKK4_v705
Heimdal-suite-1.4.0-win32
I896UXJI2 TORONTO
i896UXJL1 -stock
i897_GB_BL
I897UCF6_noBL
I897UCF6-final-OCD-REV0
I897UCKF1 - Autoroot - DesignGears
I897UCKI2_Boogs_Kernel
I897UCKI2_noBL_BoogsKernel
I897UCKJ3_withBL
I897UCKJ3_noBL
I897UCKK4
I897UCKK4 Stock, Wipe, with option to install Bootloaders, Param,and Repartition-Heimdall One-Click
ICS_4.0.3_MR1-RC4.2_Captivate
recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.2-captivate
SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones
SGH-i897_Captivate_USB_Drivers_5_02_0_2
SuperOneClickv2.3.3-ShortFuse
AdbDriverInstaller
ApkInstaller
Kies_Mini_For_Captivate_11011_4
Kies3Setup
samsung captivate pit file_10924_i46811419_il345
Captivate-GingerbreadBootloaders-TalonDEVkernel-One-Click
OneClick
Samsung-Captivate-Gingerbread-Bootloaders-One-Click
s1_odin_20100512.pit
speedmod-kernel-i897-k13e-500hz.tar
cm-11-20150208-NIGHTLY-captivatemtd
FastyIIbeta
DooMLoRD_v4_ROOT-zergRush-busybox-su
3e_fix-Unzip-ClickInstall
SGH-I897_Root_Update_
*I've tried everything here, Im sure I have the file I need, I just need the procedure, and yes, I've done an insane amount of research and time, I've tried all manner of combos and cables and ports and flashers and roms, kernels, etc. etc. Bleh...I'm nearing the point of just baying it partz.

I cant enable USB Debugging because it wont boot past stock AT & T screen or any other custom screen like CornKernel, toronto changes it to i896...
I can't get it to use vol + and power to goto recovery after good flash of FW. Just keeps going past, yet when I need download, vol + and vol - and power works easy, right into DLM, so vol + works fine, because if I go just vol - and power, it does the same hang.
Also, when cornkernel runs, its bar goes all the way to 100 and then hangs, but if I touch the home row buttons, they all light up and stay lit (happens with any option).
No combo of holding glass buttons and vol + power does anything, anyone have a clear answer as to what recovery is, 2e vs 3e?

I was wondering if I can flash a firmware with usb enabled as default? It takes some files fine, whats odd is Odin 3.07 detects and flashes great, odin 3v1.85 doesnt. Also only one click heimdall that, no odin. Drivers load fine, samsung composite and com port comes up fine, no adb anything tho, and when I do adbinstaller nothing detected.
Im guessing thats because USB debugging isnt enabled? I hear of a ?settings.db? file I can edit to disable. Anyone know of some program to edit the stock firmware I got that loads fine and do the change that way? I know Im grasping at straws here, but I'm more of a glass guy, I've done 100's, maybe 1000's of phones, but this one has me stumped, and I'm loath to give up, its a nice looking phone and I'm dying to not only get running, but to see how it looks updated and shake my fist at the phone gods.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones