• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Atrix HD: Sim Card Error

Hello, so I've looked through the forums and there's nothing pertaining to my particular problem, so I figured I'd ask for help.

I recently got an Atrix HD and it's been working without so much as a problem for several weeks, until this morning. The phone is displaying a "No sim card|emergency calls only" error. I've had this problem with other phones in the past and know that usually turning the phone off, removing the card, replacing and turning it back on is usually the fix, this time however that is not the case.

AT&T is my carrier.
I am still able to connect to Wi-Fi

I know that there is always the option of the factory reset, however I have a few pictures I would like to save from the wipe that this entails. Is there anything anyone can do to help? I am aware of course that I can go to my nearest tech center, however I don't own a car and am quite far away from the nearest store.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones