• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Guys I hope Im not gegging in here but I need help. I have a HTC Hero (still) and I have 2.1 (UK). I had the old Swype and got told to update. Now when I update the installer, and then login in to Download swype it downloads for a bit and then says I "Do not have enough space to VIEW Swpe please delete some applications) the thing is I have cleared 50 mb of internal space and when I got to uninstall the attempted SWYPE Install that only amounts to 10.4mb. I am only installing the Western European selection too

Could somebody please help. I dont have root by the way.

I tried Slide it today and touchpal, but I miss my swype.

Upvote 0
Well, I'm not as good as I thought lol.

I have all the files from the 5.7.893 update, but I only have the two system files from the 5.5.886 dump - I don't have the dalvik file (and I don't think that is actually necessary, as the system should create one on the fly when you first run Swype).

Here are links:

5.7.893 - Note: the files have a .old extension at end for renaming purposes. you have to remove all of this, including the period (.)

Uh oh! Just went to install the official OTA and I keep getting an install failed. Copied it to sd card and tried to install the update from recovery so I could see what was going wrong and here's the error I got (see image below). I uninstalled the updated beta version of swype --> rebooted --> reinstall original backup from Titanium --> reboot --> try to install OTA and same error. I'm going to try to using the .886 files you posted John. Hope this works...

ohshit.jpg

ohshit.jpg

Upvote 0
Panic has subsided! The install worked this time, you're a lifesaver with those files John, many thanks!

I was stupid and in my original excitement to get a new version of swype, only backed up in TiBu Pro and did not copy / save any of the original files using root explorer.

Apparently when I uninstalled the newer version and reinstalled my old backup file of swype from TiBu, it reinstalled swype but did not place the original swype.apk back in \system\app\. After placing your swype.apk file in the appropriate directory, the updated applied without a hitch!

Upvote 0
New version of Swype installed with the new .901 update that's floating around! It appears to be identical to the beta, has personal dictionary, etc. only difference is the skin layover. I think I prefer the dark skin of the beta better tho.

.886 and .893 = Swype 3.21.8
.901 = Swype 3.25.9
Swype beta = 3.26.9

swype.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones