• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

jshirey1995

Lurker
May 28, 2014
Having problems with listening to music. Whenever I plug in an audio cable to the radio the speakers make really loud noises. It sounds like static, and it randomly causes my songs to pause and play again (which I assume is from a bad connection). I have done this with two different vehicles, and two different types of cords, so that I know I've ruled out it being a problem with the radio.

Is anyone else having this problem? Anything I can do to fix it, or is it time to replace it?

What device and car make and would this be a factory radio or aftermarket

I've tried it in two different vehicles. One is a newer mp3 radio using a regular audio cord..the other was an older ford truck with a tapeplayer..I used the tape audio cord (i'm not sure what it's actually called). I also discovered today that it does the same thing with regular earphones, which have worked in the past on my phone.

Upvote 0
Which mode did you try cause the audio on the vehicles radio control what it play . now most new radios have a USB cable located in the glove box this cable is plugged into the rear of the stereo this may need the correct adapter to fit both phone and receiver . and then a app may or may not be needed . I know most pioneer needs a apk . and some Dont and next the Bluetooth will pair with stereo and phone

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones