• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Auto Dial - how to disable

Hi,
I have a Motorola Maxx. I know that it's older but it has never been used and so far I like it. The problem is when I go to my contacts I auto-dial them. I have two choices "Recent" and "Favorites". If I choose someone from "Recent" it doesn't auto-dial but "Recent" only shows about five of my most recent calls. When I go to "Favorites" and choose someone it auto-dials anyone I choose even though I may just want some other information about the contact, not necessarily wanting to call them. The other night I auto-dialed someone really late at night that I had no intention of calling. Is there some way to fix this? My other droid never did this. I would choose a contact and tap the call icon. Thanks for your help.

I'm using TruePhone which can be had in the Play Store. In Favorites, Recent or Contacts all I have to do is long press the individual in question and it brings up a menu with a slew of choices, one of them being View Contact. TruePhone also allows you to custom color and decide upon what features and such so you can design the interface to your content and match it to however your phone looks more or less...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones