• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Auto-Rotation Fault Since Update

SCFC_Messiah

Jun 26, 2010
Hi guys,

This morning I installed update 2.17.61.2 and since then I've noticed a fault with the auto-rotation feature. For things such as internet, SMS inbox, email inbox etc. the screen view is stuck on landscape and will not auto-rotate back to portrait when I tilt the phone

Also I tried playing Teeter and the ball doesn't move no matter how much I tilt the phone. I've tried resetting the G-Sensor Calibration but it doesn't resolve the fault

Any suggestions how I can correct this problem?

Hi guys,

This morning I installed update 2.17.61.2 and since then I've noticed a fault with the auto-rotation feature. For things such as internet, SMS inbox, email inbox etc. the screen view is stuck on landscape and will not auto-rotate back to portrait when I tilt the phone

Also I tried playing Teeter and the ball doesn't move no matter how much I tilt the phone. I've tried resetting the G-Sensor Calibration but it doesn't resolve the fault

Any suggestions how I can correct this problem?

A friend of mine had the exact same issue on a brand new Wildfire. I assumed it was hardware problem with the tilt switch but 3UK CS told him to do a factory reset. I thought they were clutching at straws but my surprise it fixed the problem permanently.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones