• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Auto-Sync photos and video over bluetooth

I did a quick search of the Google Market with the term "Bluetooth Sync" and there seems to be a lot of apps that do that.

It looks like most of them require a "Paid" version to do media files (Pictures/Music..).

But, I didn't see any right off that did it automatically. I only looked at the first couple of apps though. So, you might want to read through them and see if you find one that meets your needs.

However, I will warn you this... What you are wanting can REALLY kill your battery. Bluetooth file transfers are slow and take a LOT of battery power. I would suggest one of the apps that sync over WiFi rather than Bluetooth. You have a larger range, faster transfer, and less battery drain.

Going one step beyond that would be setting up a Free (2GB) Dropbox account, and download the free "DropSync" app that will automatically sync a folder over the web. You can set this to only run when you are connected to WiFi. However, it will not only serve the function, but the files will be "Backed up" on their servers as well. You just have to add the dropbox app to your PC and set up a folder to sync with.

Just my opinion on the matter.

Upvote 0
Back with the BlackBerry phones, we could synch using the BB Desktop manager app. That worked over USB or BlueTooth. It would sync all of your data, pictures, emails, contacts, videos, music... automatically.

I tried the BT method and realized it was KILLING my phone's battery syncing every few minutes. Even just telling it to synch new/changed files. I had to disable it, and go to USB synch when I plugged the phone in.

So, you can see why I don't think you really want to go that way.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones