• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Automated text typing?

gotham

Lurker
Feb 23, 2010
Greetings, everyone! I just bought an Eris last week and, so far, I love it.

Does anyone know of an app that will automatically type a specified string of text? My email address is rather long and since this is used as the login for just about everything, it

Type it out with the 'ABC' function in something (any text or internet situation) and when the full email address is typed out, wait a second, and it will be orange, above your keypad.

Tap the orange email@email.com whatever it is. That will add it to your dictionary. If you haven't messed with your Touch Input settings too much, you probably have word prediction turned on.

For me, I type the first few letters of my e-mail address, then the word suggestions above my keypad already have my email address in it.

Firekeys would work great too, this is just how I do it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones