• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Automatic photo storage ANYWHERE?!

Taylor C

Lurker
Aug 12, 2016
Okay so I have not ever installed any photo syncing backup thing app to my Android at all--no Google Photos, QuickPic, anything like that. I NEED to know if Android (on Galaxy S6), from a factory start, would back up photos anywhere online--for example, my old Microsoft Nokia Lumia would automatically sync photos to my OneDrive account. Because last night I was doing something with Android File Transfer, trying to make new albums, and I bloody deleted the DCIM folder--EVERY SINGLE CAMERA-APP PHOTO I HAVE EVER TAKEN IS GONE, INCLUDING MY SCREEN SHOTS.

Please someone tell me there's a storage place for them somewhere or how to access them?!?! I lost entire memories, my list of places I was going to see in London, I'm really trying hard not to freak out here thx!!!

>>ANDROID IS NOT ROOTED--i do not know HOW TO ROOT
>>I HAVE A MAC OS (Yodot does not work on Mac)

Last edited:
just get an app off of Play Store and have fun.

I have used PhotoBucket with success, be sure to make it WiFi only though....
you don't want a huge ding on your data plan.

Lots of free storage out there, just have to shop around a little.

On PhotoBucket, when one account gets full, I create a new email address and sign up for a new account... I have 4 accounts on PhotoBucket.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.photobucket.android

Upvote 0
Google Photo's is free and has unlimited space for pictures and videos but it lowers the resolution on pics (not sure on videos). It's still good though. It doesn't make the picture crappy looking.

I use that plus I bought a WD MyCloud for my house which they have an app that auto uploads pics and videos I make. Also have a backup drive attached to it which mirrors it exactly in case the MyCloud unit stops working.

Plus finally I bought a 128 GB USB flash drive and once a month I create a full backup of all my pictures and videos from my MyCloud drive and I store the flash drive in a drawer.

So you see, I'm very concerned about my pictures and videos as I have 8 years of photos saved up. These pics and videos can't be replaced if I lose them so that's why I have so many backup sources.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones