• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Automatically have notifications for Android apps turned off after installing them.

Hey. Every time I install an Android app through the Google Play Store, it automatically turns the notifications on for that app so I have to remember to go to "Settings" to turn the notifications for it off, and if I forget, my phone will go off in the middle of the night, waking me up to some junk notification that I don't want. I've searched everywhere on the internet and in "Settings" and I haven't found anything. Is there any way to make it so that any Android app will have notifications automatically turned off when I install it through the Google Play Store?

You can set up Do Not Disturb to mute notifications for select times, but as noted by @ocnbrze , the app notifications will still be on until you turn them off.

Do Not Disturb will at least let you sleep if you forget to disable notifications manually.
If Do Not Disturb is enabled, is it all functions of the app is still working like normal, only notifications is muted (notifications do come in silently in notifications panel)?

Upvote 0
If Do Not Disturb is enabled, is it all functions of the app is still working like normal, only notifications is muted (notifications do come in silently in notifications panel)?
correct DND is only for notifications and its sound.....everything else will run as intended depending on the app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones