• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root awaiting my refurb....

youdoofus

Android Expert
Feb 26, 2011
so dak
soooooo, now that i have my S3, and ITS FINALLY ROOTED (ahem... uhhhh, yeah im apparently an idiot...) i sent my beloved OG Evo in to get a refurb. I got the rapid exchange from best buy and it was worse off than the one i had sent in... I went back and showed them the effed up kick stand and how crappy it looked(i might have also made up a fault or 2 just to get their attention, something about it automatically switching from homescreen to homescreen all by itself) and they sent it back in for yet another one of like new quality. Anyways, I cant live with a non rooted android device in my life, and im curious as to how much of a beeyotch it is to root the newest stock hbooted versions of these things and what problems i can expect. Any input would be appreciated. And as always, thanks in advance guys.

p.s., im still floored about how awesome this forum has been over the last 2 years!! you all are amazing!!

soooooo, now that i have my S3, and ITS FINALLY ROOTED (ahem... uhhhh, yeah im apparently an idiot...) i sent my beloved OG Evo in to get a refurb. I got the rapid exchange from best buy and it was worse off than the one i had sent in... I went back and showed them the effed up kick stand and how crappy it looked(i might have also made up a fault or 2 just to get their attention, something about it automatically switching from homescreen to homescreen all by itself) and they sent it back in for yet another one of like new quality. Anyways, I cant live with a non rooted android device in my life, and im curious as to how much of a beeyotch it is to root the newest stock hbooted versions of these things and what problems i can expect. Any input would be appreciated. And as always, thanks in advance guys.

p.s., im still floored about how awesome this forum has been over the last 2 years!! you all are amazing!!

I have done several 2.18 hboots with tacoroot Only glitch ive had were my own typos. Taco takes the phone to an unrooted 2.10 and froyo then you just run unrevolked. Piece of cake.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones