• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Awful G3 Standby time

aviman123

Lurker
Aug 3, 2014
So ive been using my G3 for about 10 days now and have been getting pretty bad battery life at work with airplane mode on and only wifi and wanted to really test out the battery last night by leaving it unplugged overnight. I usually keep my phone plugged in overnight but since it was the weekend i was home on saturday and it was in the charger for basically the whole day i decided to test the battery. I unplugged the phone at around 2:50 and took the screenshots below at around 8. I lost 29% of my battery during that time and i was SHOCKED!!! my phone was on 4G however i have really good service where i live and was on 4-5 bars all night. the phone didn't have bluetooth, wifi, nfc... ect active. The phone was on 15% brightness (if that even matters since the screen was off all night). Before i took the screenshots i went into battery and saw that an app called "lyft" was said to use 70% so i uninstalled it before taking that screenshots. I really don't know what i should do because i am rooted and have already installed a tempered glass screen protector. Please help if possible!
Screenshots: imgur: the simple image sharer ; imgur: the simple image sharer
Edit: Its 9:37 now and around an hour and a half after i uninstalled lyft. I am now at 68% which is better than last night however still pretty bad considering i had a screen on time since last night of just 6 minutes and 29 seconds. Here are the screenshoot updates: imgur: the simple image sharer ; imgur: the simple image sharer ; imgur: the simple image sharer
Edit #2: Battery life continuing to drain fast i have 59% which means i have lost 9% in less than 2 hours of virtually no screen on time. I am very concerned and don't know what to do? If anyone has had this issue please let me know. Screenshots: imgur: the simple image sharer ; imgur: the simple image sharer ; imgur: the simple image sharer

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones