• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Background Data Off = No email?

teamwhite

Lurker
Dec 4, 2009
Hello. New Samsung Moment owner here. I am coming from a Blackberry, and would like to receive my email as it comes. I've learned through the forums that turning off Background Data on the Momemt saves battery life. I've done that. I've also left the Auto Sync button checked (Gmail, Calendar, Contacts). However, my email never comes unless I physically go into Gmail and press refresh. I don't get it.

While I love the many features of this phone, I am really missing my Blackeberry :(. Any suggestions, or is this just the way it is?

Hello.I've learned through the forums that turning off Background Data on the Momemt saves battery life. I've done that. I've also left the Auto Sync button checked (Gmail, Calendar, Contacts). However, my email never comes unless I physically go into Gmail and press refresh. I don't get it.

Have you noticed that when you turn background data off, the other options are grayed out?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones