• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help background running apps

From what I understand, do NOT use ATK as it is not needed.

Just go into Applications Management in Settings and then there are "All Downloaded", "Running" etc tabs on top that will show which applications are under same.

In ICS you can just Disable apps so you don't need all that Task Killer BS.

Upvote 0
There are some posts in the forum addressing this, and giving a list of non-essential background apps running. You don't need to Root your phone or use a Task Killer (which in itself uses more RAM). The problem I'm having is finding a good comprehensive list of what these little apps ARE so I know which ones I don't want running. Most of the lists will just say "these are safe to kill if you don't want them running" but give no indication of what they do. Some have logical names you can figure out, but others have weird names giving no indication of their function. If someone else knows of a comprehensive list of apps and their function it would be greatly appreciated!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones