1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

BAMF GingerRemix v.2.0 Beta #5

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Deleted User, May 25, 2011.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Mystakilla

Mystakilla Member

I liked it but 4G was in and out for me and i flashed and done everything correctly, several times, so im just holding off till it gets better.

Deleted User likes this.
  3. MCPO117

MCPO117 Well-Known Member

I've always been big into BAMF ever since I switch to the Tbolt. As far as 2.0.5 goes it is good to go as a daily driver. I haven't had any major issues but some minor annoyances. The camera gets sluggish even when OC'ed to 1.4. When it starts up it is very slow to load everything which I have never run into on any of his other roms. Those are the only issues that come to mind and if those are the worst issues I can think of I'd say he's done another bang up job. He just needs a little more time to streamline everything and get it running smooth as all the BAMF roms have been. Hopefully this sway you to go ahead and jump on board cause its well worth it.

Deleted User likes this.
  4. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert

Getting ready to flash this in a little bit. Pretty pumped

Deleted User likes this.
  5. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

-thx for input man.

cool man, i guess u will create a backup since i havent in a while, seems like a pretty solid ROM. thx!

-let me know your results!

6. Skeletronix

Skeletronix Well-Known Member

Deleted User likes this.
  7. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

damn man thx, was thinking of flashing the radio later tonight, definitely going to wait tho!!

thx again. anyone else feel free to post

8. Skeletronix

Skeletronix Well-Known Member

Yeah, really is a shame. This was an amazing ROM. The sense 3.0 features are awesome. Everything was running smoothly for the hour I had it. Oh well. I can wait. I did a nand backup of my gingerbread setup so once the new radio is leaked I can jump back on. Back to 1.6.3.....

Deleted User likes this.
  9. fel2941

fel2941 Newbie

To flash this do you need the GB radio or can you use the latest froyo radio leak?

10. bjanow

bjanow Android Expert

GB radio only.

11. fel2941

fel2941 Newbie

Has anyone been having issues with their PC recognizing their phone when set as a disk drive with this rom? Cant get it to be seen anymore

12. rexdog1888

rexdog1888 Android Enthusiast

Put it in internet pass-through mode and let the drivers install, it should then work.

13. fel2941

fel2941 Newbie

it installed drivers, but still wont work

14. digdug1

digdug1 Android Expert

It is a known issue on all gingerbread roms. It takes a few tries to get it.

15. fel2941

fel2941 Newbie

By a few tries do u mean switching from charge to disk drive mode until it connects?

16. digdug1

digdug1 Android Expert

If your drivers are installed it wont matter. Just keep going back and forth to disk drive until it works. Shouldn't take more than a few tries.

17. fel2941

fel2941 Newbie

Well i assume my drivers are installed seeing as i rooted on this PC and did the internet passthrough thing, but nomatter how much i try i STILL cannot get it to read the SD card since i put on this BAMF update

18. digdug1

digdug1 Android Expert

Ok try this. On xda under Android development look for imoseyons gb kernel thread. There is a patch for usb tethering. Flash it in cwm. Then repeat my earlier step of switching back and forth. I would give you a link but I'm not home and am using the phandroid app. Sorry.

19. scotty85

scotty85 Extreme Android User

idk if this will help,but its how i connect every time:

-plug in phone
    -when the screen comes up with charge/drive/internet pass thru touch "internet pass thru"
    -touch done.
    -troubleshooting box comes up-touch OK
    -give it a couple minutes. since i have PDA net on my pc,ill get a little notification that a PDAnet device is attached.(note: you should not have to have PDA in order for it to work. just give the phone 2 or 3 minutes)
    -pull down the pulldown and touch internet pass thru to get back to the charge screen
    -now touch disc drive and touch done.
    -if youre on a windows machine give it a minute or so and the "autoplay" box will pop up and you can click "open folder to view files"

20. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

whats the word on the newest BETA 6? ive heard of a few problems from my buddy. not sure if its as stable as BAMF 1.7rmx. what are you guys on?

21. retiredberry

retiredberry Member

Been running it as my daily driverf or a week. Really like it.

22. project.in.process

project.in.process Well-Known Member

running 2.0.6 for about a week (?) or so & it's going just fine.
    few small changes from .5, but every little bit counts

can't wait for the Previews to become stable enough to flash--really looking forward to Sense 3

2.0.5 was a good one, though. was very glad to have taken the plunge & jumped onto that GB ROM first---TeamBamf is amazing with their work.

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews