• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Basix w/Electric Sheep OR Stock 2.2.2?

Im actually using 2.2.2 (rooted) with V6 Supercharger + 3gTurbocharger + KAK and I LUV IT.... I haven't really seen much of a difference after leaving Basix + Sheep, my phone is fast and smooth plus I have nice battery life, so I'm pretty happy with my phone right now. Now dnt get me wrong, I will still change everything and test out anything new tht comes out for this phone.

Reactions: raysfan
Upvote 0
Well, just for kicks I decided to install electric sheep under 2.2.2. Didn't go so well. Everything works fine, but the AIO root exploit fails every time

I did the exact same thing. I haven't tried it, but one strategy might be to save off the copy of SU that you have in AIO and to adb push it back after installing 2.2.2

If you decide to give it a try, let me know if it works...

Upvote 0
All the sticky threads at the top have installation instructions in then. On another note, I'm working on a Rom based on 2.2.2 at the moment. If that works out all good, I'll make an attempt at getting gingerbread on throw r910. It might be a while, but since most have abandoned the indulge, its better than nothing

thank you for your further development on the indulge. Is hard to let it go when you know this little phone has potential. Curse metropcs for not sharing 2.3 with us!!!!

Upvote 0
Is there a thread on here somewhere that describes how to use/install those 3 items?
Here is a link to the Most Recent Scripts, the latest is at the very bottom. I know it might seem a bit confusing at first but its really easy, heres a link to the V6 Thread on XDA where you can get some help from the Dev and others as well. If you still need some help figuring it out just post back here and I will do my best to walk you through it but its always good/fun to try and learn on your own first, but REMEMBER... ALWAYS make a backup FIRST.

P.S
When you run the V6 script and it asks you about (init.rc support) choose "NO" or else youll lose root, but other then that you should be good.

Heres a link to the Script Manager App on the Android Market thats needed to run the V6 scripts.

Reactions: raysfan
Upvote 0
I am currently running basix w/ electric sheep. I have a backup of stock 2.2.2 with mybackup root. Should I flash back to this before attempting this?

Thanks for all your help!
If your going to compare the two then I would use 2.2.2 but the V6 scripts will work on both so you wouldnt have to use 2.2.2 if you want to use V6, you can stay with Basix+Sheep if you want :D.

Upvote 0
If your going to compare the two then I would use 2.2.2 but the V6 scripts will work on both so you wouldnt have to use 2.2.2 if you want to use V6, you can stay with Basix+Sheep if you want :D.

So im on basix + sheep. And in the process of installing the supercharger (vroom vroom!!)

Out of the 15 or so options what are you guys using with the SS?

Upvote 0
@dustinp....thanks thats good news to here ....and if u need testers for this count me in

I'll contact you via p.m. when I trust it enough not to brick anything. Id anybody has a good understanding of how the rom handles the lte hardware, i'd appreciate the info. I know there's the lte modem binary, but what other files come into play? My plan is to mod the r915 gingerbread rom to handle the hardware descrepancies.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones