• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery drain after latest OTA update

ag90fox

Lurker
Feb 18, 2010
I haven't seen anyone else post on this, so I may be the random outlier, but after the OTA update a week ago, my battery life absolutely sucks. I had auto sync, GPS, 4G, and BT all turned off, leaving only wifi running last night doing some internet surfing on my evo, the phone went from 100% to 66% within about 15 minutes. I've seen this kind of drain consistently over the last week. The battery life was never stellar, but now it's crap.

Anyone experience anything similar to this after the update? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Joe
San Antonio

I haven't seen anyone else post on this, so I may be the random outlier, but after the OTA update a week ago, my battery life absolutely sucks. I had auto sync, GPS, 4G, and BT all turned off, leaving only wifi running last night doing some internet surfing on my evo, the phone went from 100% to 66% within about 15 minutes. I've seen this kind of drain consistently over the last week. The battery life was never stellar, but now it's crap.

Anyone experience anything similar to this after the update? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Joe
San Antonio

You're not the only one. I just installed Spare Parts to see if I can figure out what is going on. I've had my phone (stock, not rooted) off the charger for about 4.5 hours and I'm down to 30% battery. I've done nothing but let it sit in its holster. When I took it out, it was running 108 degrees, so clearly SOMETHING is churning away in there. My uptime /= awake time, so I know that's not the problem.

If I can figure out what it is, I'll let you know. Hope someone else will weigh in with ideas.

Upvote 0
I installed spare parts, and when that didn't work, OS Monitor. I have yet to find something going haywire in the background that might be causing this batter drain.

I did update my PRL and profile and maybe it's made a difference. I still need a couple more days to know for sure. :thinking:

I was going to suggest exactly what you did here. Update your PRL, then update your data profile.
Allow that to settle for a day or two and see if it makes a difference.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones