• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery Draining (and heat up) issues?

mbressman

Jun 5, 2010
I'm pretty happy with my Sprint LG G2 (although not with Sprint - since switching to the LG G2 from a GS3 it's been horrible - am still working with them to resolve everything), but lately my phone has been getting extremely hot at times and this definitely seems to contribute to the battery draining faster. It definitely seems to happen when I take my phone out (i.e. when driving, not on my home WiFI network and in my home, etc.). I'm wondering if anyone has any good tips for trying to figure out what might be causing this and how I can get better battery life and avoid these heat-ups/battery drains?

I already tried disabling the Sprint Connections Optimizer, and now I'm wondering if the constant connection/disconnection from Optimum WiFi hotspots (since I'm an Optimum customer and have enabled my phone to connect to Optimum hotspots when in range) could be causing this?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones