• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery draining extremly fast. just started today..

After factory resetting last night, my droid is still running 2.2, and it is acting like how it acted BEFORE the manual update. Battery life seems strong, Android_OS is running at 2% (instead of 40%), the phone is cool to the touch, and everything seems to be much more functional.

this^^^
and my apps dl'ed by themselves.. im relieved

Upvote 0
this^^^

Check back later. My phone has totally gone hay-wire since. Just a minute ago, I was walking into work, things were normal as can be, phone was cool, Android OS was using 2-3% battery..

So I sit down at my desk, boot up my computer, and bring my phone up to look at something... and Android OS is using 82% battery in the useage stats. I refreshed for a minute and it didn't go down, so I immediately turned off the phone.

Keep in mind I did not load up any apps, do anything unusual, or do anything with the phone. It was normal, then I put it to sleep, and then brought it out of sleep to check the stats...

There's something very wrong with this build of Froyo, or Froyo itself.

Edit
After multiple restarts, phone is running HOT and it killed 30% of battery while sitting idle in my desk at work for an hour. At this same location yesterday, it lasted 10 hours on less than 30%. Android OS is running at 30% battery usage.

This is a problem.

Upvote 0
this^^^

Let me know how your's goes. Mine was good for about 24 hours and then totally crapped out on me. I'm performing another system restore now. Last night, I believe that I toggled WiFi on at home and opened Tasker, which totally crapped the phone out and ruined it again.

I'm hesitant, but perhaps WiFi is what brought on the nuked battery / over-heating / OS battery use issue / everything else.

Upvote 0
my OEM battery has lasted a *record* (for me at least) 60 hours before it died...it was a good run...this was under FRG01B

There's got to be some strange difference going on a certain amount of Droid handsets. Because you have some folks, like you, who are getting stellar results, and then others who are just getting killed. I don't run any odd bootloaders, skins, etc., don't use task killers, don't really do anything other than what I'd consider normal for a smart phone (gmail, messaging, corporate email, calendaring, are my three most used programs).

Upvote 0
So, I factory resetted again yesterday and the phone, again, has had impeccable battery life. I am not running anything this time... only using messaging, gmail, and whatever is pretty much included. Made it through the day with great battery life and the same thing today.

At some point though, I know that I will start some app that will totally kill the battery... and when that moment comes, I will let you know what it is.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones