• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery draining while completely off

klmnt

Lurker
Apr 1, 2016
I bought the Xiaomi Redmi 3 last week and since then I have been experiencing some drastic battery drains. It drains for about 30% in 7 hours unused and on airplane mode, and it drains 25% (from 100 to 75%) when completely turned off. The battery cover is unremovable so I haven't tried to "remove" the battery and check the drain. I haven't installed many apps yet either: mainly just social apps like facebook and whatsapp. So what could be causing this drain? I've been checking related threads on draining battery lives and I guess there should be something wrong with either the battery itself or other parts of the hardware (as it drains even when it's off) but I want to make sure before I send this back to the reseller for inspection. I've just had this phone for a week after all after changing from lumia.

Battery usage is in the screenshot. The drops correspond to when the phone is turned off.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-03-30-09-10-21_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    Screenshot_2016-03-30-09-10-21_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    42.9 KB · Views: 62

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones