• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery Life Improves with time?

Getting better with each 'cycle' is what Lithium Ion batteries do. There is no 'memory' issue like in NiCad or other types of rechargeable batteries, and as such LiIon batteries like to not have a full discharge when cycling.

Here are some links:

The care and feeding of Li-Ion batteries | User Support | TechRepublic.com
How to prolong lithium-based batteries
Charging lithium-ion batteries

Yeah initially there should be some improvement, but then after some cycling one charge will be virtually like the rest.

Upvote 0
My battery has been a beast lately. After my Facebook app decided to go nuts with a memory leak which caused a full drain in a few hours a few nights ago, I went to EVERY app I have and adjusted the settings. I turned the majority of my apps to manual refresh/updates, weather/scoreboard to every 2 hour refresh, and email to hourly refresh. I still have Advanced Task Killer to force close buggy apps, and that is all I use it for (settings set to: disable Auto Kill, ignore apps that I don't want to be killed). My battery is running Smart mode, but I am starting to feel confident enough to leave it in Performance mode.

Upvote 0
Look for an app called "fast reboot" on market. Effectively it kills all applications and restarts all startup processes, but doesn't actually make the phone reboot. Works great.

Thank you! I will try that! Since uninstalling ATK, my battery life has been better, though my DX is really laggy when I use media or camera functions. It's annoying, but nothing serious-I love this phone. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones