• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery Problem

ct2020

Feb 5, 2010
Canada
After 3 Hours of being unplugged I got the 5% warning. I've had the phone for over a month and have had trouble making it through a day (10-12 hours) But never trouble like this. I didn't use the phone except to archive a few email messages.

Use since turned on 3 hours ago:

Android System 81%
Cell Standby 8%
Phone Idle 8%
WiFi 4%

Nothing seems out of the ordinary to me there.

Firmware: 1.6

adb logcat output? I don't know what this is.

And if you mean the search function on the forum? Yes, I did. There is all kinds of info on saving battery life. Most of which I have already taken into consideration and as I said I usually get 8-10 hours with moderate use. Hitting the 5% warning after 3 hours of the phone sitting in my holster and checking about 3 e-mails is rediculousIt goes beyond making small adjustments to tweak battery life. Also this isn't a recurring thing. Looking in my battery use there are no odd-ball apps using a ton of my battery.

On thing I forgot to mention in my original post is the heat. My phone was hot when I took it out of my holster after being idle for about an hour. It was super burn my hand hot, but it was quite warm.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones